Zuppa托斯卡尼… it’s one of those recipes that 每一个 美食博主做的. 我在Pinterest上看到的 至少 每天一次. 至少. I usually try to avoid over-hyped recipes like this but, this one is just too good to leave alone. It’s like “give me ten bowls of that!“好. And although my version of Zuppa托斯卡尼 is a bit lighter, 它还是像奶油一样柔滑, 填充, 和原汁一样美味.
你可能想蘸点 自制蒜蓉面包 放进这碗美好的东西里. 只是说说而已.
Originally posted 1-31-15, updated 10-25-18.
If you’ve never been to Olive Garden or had Zuppa托斯卡尼 anywhere else, I’d describe it like a creamy potato soup loaded with flavorful 意大利 sausage, 羽衣甘蓝, 和熏肉. The original version uses heavy cream, 培根, 还有一整磅香肠, but I decided to try to lighten it up a bit. I used 一半一半 instead of heavy cream, subbed half the sausage for white beans, used 烟熏辣椒粉 for smokiness instead of 培根, and then loaded up on potatoes and 羽衣甘蓝. 结果? 仍然 totally creamy and chock full flavor, plus a hefty dose of vegetables. I’m probably going to eat nothing but this soup for the next four days straight (it has 羽衣甘蓝, 所以它是好的, right?).
No, that’s just my little extra. I try to add beans to recipes whenever I 可以 because they add so many nutrients and fiber, that they just make 每一个thing better. I used Great Northern Beans this time around, but Cannellini or navy beans would also be awesome!
是的. While the 羽衣甘蓝 is more classic to this soup, you 可以 use spinach if 羽衣甘蓝 is not your think. Since spinach is a lot more delicate than 羽衣甘蓝, add the spinach at the very end of the cook time, stirring it in just until it has wilted.
Can I make this Zuppa托斯卡尼 vegetarian?
The sausage in this recipe is responsible for adding a lot of flavor to this soup, so if you plan to skip the sausage you’ll need to ramp up the seasoning. I suggest adding a tablespoon or so of 意大利 seasoning blend to make up for the spices that are found in the 意大利 sausage. You may also want to add an extra 可以 of beans to bulk up the soup a bit.
- 1/2 lb. 意大利香肠，热的或淡的 ($1.75)
- 1 黄色洋葱 ($0.32)
- 2 丁香 大蒜 ($0.16)
- 1 15 oz. 可以 大北方bean ($0.49)
- 1/2 茶匙 烟熏辣椒粉 ($0.05)
- 3 杯 鸡汤* ($0.39)
- 1 杯 水 ($0.00)
- 2 杯 一半一半 ($1.49)
- 1 lb. 红色的土豆 ($1.29)
- 1/2 lb. 甘蓝、切碎 ($1.50)
- 捏 红辣椒片，可选 ($0.02)
- freshly cracked black pepper, optional ($0.05)
- Add the sausage to a large soup pot and sauté over medium heat, breaking it up into small pieces as it cooks. The sausage should contain enough fat to keep it 从 sticking, if not add a touch of olive oil. It's okay if a small amount browns on the bottom of the pot.
- While the sausage is cooking, dice the onion and mince the 大蒜. Add the onion and 大蒜 to the pot and sauté until the onions are softened. The moisture 从 the onions should help dissolve any browned bits of sausage off the bottom of the pot.
- Drain and rinse the 可以 of beans. Add the beans, 烟熏辣椒粉, chicken broth, one 杯 水, and 一半一半 to the pot. Place a lid on the pot and let it come up to a simmer over medium heat.
- 锅在加热, cut each potato into quarters lengthwise, 然后切成薄片, 发散厚片. 把土豆加到锅里 along with the pre-chopped 羽衣甘蓝. The 羽衣甘蓝 will fill the pot when it's first added, but the heat 从 the liquid will wilt it within a few minutes. Stir it occasionally to help the wilting process.
- Let the pot simmer over medium heat for about 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender. Season with red pepper flakes and freshly cracked black pepper if desired.
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products we use and love. As an Amazon Associate I earn 从 qualifying purchases.
Scroll down for the step by step photos!
How to Make Zuppa托斯卡尼 – Step by Step Photos
加1/2磅. 意大利 sausage to a large soup pot and sauté over medium heat, breaking it into chunks as it cooks. I didn’t use any extra oil because sausage tends to be pretty fatty. It’s okay if a little sticks to the bottom of the pot because it will dissolve off in the next steps. While the sausage browns, dice one 黄色洋葱 and mince two 丁香 of 大蒜. Add the onion and 大蒜 to the pot and continue to sauté until the onions are soft.
沥干并冲洗一个15盎司. 可以 of 大北方bean, then add them to the pot with 1/2 茶匙 of 烟熏辣椒粉. The 烟熏辣椒粉 will give that smoky hint that the 培根 would have supplied. 卑鄙的,对吧?
Next add 3 杯 of chicken broth, 1 杯 水, and 2 杯 (one pint) of 一半一半. 如果你不是来自美国.S., “一半一半” is like a lighter version of light cream. 点击这里阅读. Put a lid on the pot and let it come to a simmer over medium heat.
锅在加热 up, wash and slice one pound 红色的土豆 into 发散厚片. Slicing them thinly helps them cook faster, plus makes a great texture in the soup. 把土豆加到锅里.
Instead of buying a regular bunch of 羽衣甘蓝, I bought this bag of pre-chopped 羽衣甘蓝 (it’s actually less expensive than regular bunches at my local store). 这是12盎司. bag, so I just used about 2/3 of it. If you are buying your 羽衣甘蓝 in a bunch, use about one bunch. Make sure to remove the stems and tear the leaves into 1 to 2-inch pieces.
Add the 羽衣甘蓝 to the pot and it will likely fill it up to the top. Let the heat 从 the liquid begin to wilt the 羽衣甘蓝. Give it a stir occasionally to help it contact the hot soup and wilt.
After a few minutes it will have wilted down into the soup nicely. Let the soup simmer over medium heat for about 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
I like my soup spicy (and had used mild 意大利 sausage), so I seasoned with a 捏 of red pepper flakes. A little freshly cracked black pepper is also nice. Depending on what type of broth you use, you may need to add a little salt (I did not add any).
就是这样!! The potatoes and beans help thicken the broth up nicely, without having to use heavy cream.
Absolutely deserving of all the internet hype. SO. 好.